Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Preparing for Life After NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo Day 19: You're over 30,000 words! Take a moment to just bask in the glow of your awesomeness. Okay, moments over. Let's get back to work!

I regret to inform you that for the final eleven days I will only be checking in with you periodically. Even though I won't be hanging over your shoulder, know that I am always watching...

While I'm gone, I trust that you will be writing like madmen and women to finish your projects! I envision you sitting at your computer (or notebook, or typewriter, or slab of marble and chisel). You've finished your story, filled in your chart (and remembered to tweet us a picture) and you think, "What now?" The answer: it's time to edit!

For my final blog of National Novel Writing Month I present to you, Self-Editing for Fiction Writers. The title is pretty self explanatory, but unlike most of the books you'll find on revising your work, Self-Editing for Fiction Writers has cartoons! Don't believe me? See for yourself.

With chapters on dialogue, point of view, voice, and other critical techniques, Self-Editing for Fiction Writers will take you through the same process an expert editor would and help you take your manuscript from rough to polished.

Go forth NaNoWriMo-ers, finish your projects and get a copy of Self-Editing for Fiction Writers here!

Don't forget to track your progress on our chart. Tweet us at @HarperAcademic (by 12/1) when you've hit 50,000 words for your chance to win a HarperCollins bundle of books!

No comments:

Post a Comment