Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Congratulations to our winner @CarolYemola! Thank you to everyone who came out to play Agatha Christie trivia today! Below are the questions and answers from today's quiz. Be sure to check back with us for more information on Agatha Christie titles.
Questions and Answers
1. Which of Christie's novels did she describe as "easily the worst book I ever wrote?"
-Mystery on the Blue Train
2. In which of these novels does Agatha mention herself by name?
-The Body in the Library
3. Agatha Christie was 76 when she wrote which of these novels from the point of view of a young man?
4. Which of these novels did Agatha Christie dedicate to the first cinema actress to play Miss Marple?
-The Mirror Crack'd From Side to Side
5.Which of these novels inspired the play that would later become the 1st sound film based on a Christie work?
-The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
6. For which of these novels is Thirteen at Dinner an alternate title?
-Lord Edgware Dies
7. In which of these novels is the child Josephine obsessed with being a detective?
8. Which of these novels' ending was re-written for the stage because Agatha and her producer felt the original was too grim?
-And Then There Were None
9. In which of these novels is the nursery rhyme "Ding Dong Dell" used to describe the fate of one of its characters?
10. Which of these novels' ending did Agatha's publishers try and make her change because they felt it was "too shocking?"
-Ordeal By Innocence
11. In which of these novels was crime writer Ariadne Oliver's 1st appearance?
-Mrs. McGinty's Dead
12. Which of these novels was the last to feature Inspector Japp?
-One, Two, Buckle My Shoe
13.Which of these novels was featured as a copy printed from the year 5,000,000,000 in an episode of Doctor Who?
-Death in the Clouds
14. Which of these novels did Agatha say she regretted including Poirot in?
Posted by HarperAcademic at 5:03 PM