- 40 chapters with grammatical explanations and readings drawn from the works of Rome’s major prose and verse writers;
- Self-tutorial exercises, each with an answer key, for independent study;
- An extensive English-Latin/Latin-English vocabulary section;
- A rich selection of original Latin readings—unlike other textbooks, which contain primarily made-up Latin texts;
- Etymological aids, maps, and dozens of images illustrating aspects of the classical culture and mythology presented in the chapter readings
- Also included are expanded notes on the literary passages, comments on vocabulary, and translation tips; new comprehension and discussion questions; and new authentic classical Latin readings, including Roman grafitti in every chapter.
To request the answer key, please fill out this form.