Thursday, July 7, 2011

Georgia Tech is Off and Running with I HAVE A DREAM!

I HAVE A DREAM by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
I was very excited to hear from Steven Girardot, director of the Center for Academic Success at Georgia Tech, who shared this article with me! They are using Dr. Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches that Changed the World for their 2011 Freshman Read, hoping to "challenge freshmen to think about how they want to ‘change the world’ and how their Tech education will help them on the path to doing that.”  The article also goes on to explain how this year marks the 50th anniversary of Georgia Tech matriculating African American Students. Complete with links to events, contests, and even more surrounding I Have a Dream and its use in a Freshman Reading program, visit the link below!

http://www.gatech.edu/newsroom​/release.html?nid=68703 



No comments:

Post a Comment