Monday, March 1, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing: THE PARADOX OF CHOICE

Make sure to catch Barry Schwartz, author of The Paradox of Choice, on Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report" on Thursday, March 4th.

I should have read The Paradox of Choice before I bought my apartment. The long haul of apartment hunting is unpleasant in a modest price range--and I should have been thrilled to have found a lovely apartment with lots of closets. However, I couldn’t stop looking even AFTER I moved into an apartment that I adore. I kept looking at ads and websites. I couldn’t STOP looking. The thought that there might be a better deal in a better neighborhood or that the one that got away might be back on the market haunted me for far too long. I could have been a case study in The Paradox of Choice.

Since I'm still learning the lesson,
I'll let Barry Schwartz tell you how to deal too much of a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment