Thursday, February 11, 2010

English 101: Brave New World

I just joined a book club here at Harper. Erica at Perennial and Kayleigh in library marketing have been reading and blogging as part of what they call English 101, a book club devoted to reading a different modern classic every month. Last month they read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (click to read Erica and Kayleigh’s reviews) and this month I’ve joined in to read Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World with them.

I’m looking forward to re-reading this book. I read it for the first time about 10 years ago and though I don’t remember much (aside from the part about “feelies”) I’m looking forward to rediscovering this classic and hopefully understanding it in a new way than I did a decade ago.


As teachers, how do you teach this book to your classes? What are some suggestions of lessons I should look for as I read? Please free to read along with Erica, Kayleigh and me and leave comments or suggestions either here or on my EC Ning page. For a complete list of the English 101 book club picks, click here.

1 comment:

  1. I am bookmarking your post. Keep posting good stuff dude!

    ReplyDelete