Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger, veterans of Washington University, speak at orientation programs throughout the country--giving parents compassionate and practical advice on the emotional and social changes of the college years. They let parents know:
- When they should encourage independence
- When they should intervene
- What issues of identity and intimacy await students
- What are normal feelings of disorientation and loneliness for students—and for parents
- What is different about today’s college environment
- What new concerns about safety, health and wellness, and stress will affect incoming classes
And, you'll find more resources for your freshman class in our Books for the First-Year Student catalog.
Good luck--and let us know if we can be of assistance.