Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Which books do teachers recommend to each other?

As an educational marketer, it makes me very happy when a teacher recommends one of our books to another teacher.

I love standing in our exhibit booth at the National Council of Teachers of English--talking to teachers and eavesdropping on their conversations. That's how I met Michelle Knotts of Sinagua High School in Flagstaff, Arizona. I overheard Michelle rave about Tom Foster's How to Read Literature Like a Professor. Michelle's enthusiasm made it clear that her AP class should have a live Q&A with the author.

With more and more teachers contributing to nings, I've found even more testimonials. This teacher-to-teacher recommendation for Not Quite What I Was Planning comes from Keith Schoch on the English Companion. There's a wonderful teacher's guide for this book as well.

What was the last book you recommended to a fellow teacher?

3 comments:

  1. Marcello and the Real World...great companion to Incident of Dog@Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just recommended Frank McCourt's Teacher Man to someone this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Picture of Dorian Gray

    ReplyDelete