Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Adoption of the Month: Hell's Angel

Each month, I sort through our desk copy requests from professors. It's always eye-opening--and it helps me figure out how our books are being used in classrooms.

This month, I noted two adoptions for Sonny Barger's Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club. I doubt that Sonny ever imagined that his memoir would be required reading in a college course. I don't know if he'd be amused, dismayed or slightly proud that the courses are Sociology 325 (Social Deviance) at Park University and Criminal Justice 496 (Statistics: Outlaw Bikers, Gang) at Boise State University--but I'm not going to ask him.

1 comment:

  1. How nice of you to adopt a hells angel, the baby photos would be interesting, so dose your new adoptee/son/daughter left in your will

    or do you leave it all to your natural child cause you know blood is thicker than water

    ReplyDelete