Monday, December 22, 2008

My Name is Steven Shaw and I'm an Academic

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, as I will be one of the regular contributors to the fine HarperAcademic blog. As you can see from the preceding post, I'm the author of the book Asian Dining Rules: Essential Strategies for Eating Out at Japanese, Chinese, Southeast Asian, Korean, and Indian Restaurants. But that's not what makes me an academic.

I actually became an academic just a few weeks ago when I signed on as Director of New Media Studies at the International Culinary Center. Come spring I'll be teaching a course about the culinary blogosphere, an area in which I have a fair amount of experience thanks to a decade in that space and seven years heading up the eGullet online community. I'm looking forward to sharing with HarperAcademic's loyal readers as the course develops.

In the meantime, continuing with the Chinese-food-on-Christmas theme, you might enjoy this article from Time Out New York about Chinese-restaurant tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment